Friday, April 02, 2010

And on it goes

Day 5 of Cymbalta, and not much has changed. I've not slept well again, about four hours. I went to bed a little later than normal and then listened to my audiobook for 2 hours. I'd downloaded a relax/meditation app from iTunes and that seemed to help me go to sleep. Prior to that I kept tossing and turning, with this my body became calmer.

I did my chores this morning,which were pretty up to date. I laid down awaiting my groceries. Once they'd arrived and were packed away I put on my jammies and snoozed for a couple of hours. By the time I went to Daisy's I felt good. Even better for the fact I fitted into my Jag jeans, which I've not been able to wear for months. Suzy came tonight, which was lovely. I'd wanted to prepare some card making ideas, I want to colour with my Copics but instead I just played with some patterned papers, a new punch Karen bought and made a few gift cards. Nothing elaborate, but pretty enough. I enjoyed playing and chatting. I actually ate some dinner which was delicious and only a portion of what I'd normally eat which I'm ecstatic about. Karen had made her Easter Egg slice. I had a small piece and it was decadent. I'm so pleased I didn't take any home. I honestly don't know what's gotten into me refuse slice!!!!

I had a lovely night, and enjoyed the company of my friends. One of whom is very sad at the moment, and I really felt for her last night and have been thinking of her all day today. I'm sitting in my owl pyjamas she bought me for my birthday and thinking of her.

Day 6 (I think)
I got about three and a half hours sleep, awoke, and listened to my meditation on my iPhone, and I dozed off again, so I was happy about that. Bunny came in for a cuddle and then called me for a cooked breakfast of brewed coffee, a poached egg on a delicious wholegrain bread...... I ate a couple of mouth fulls of egg and drank half a coffee and I was full. Mickey sat beside me and ate two eggs and toast!! He'd already had cereal too.

I felt weary in the afternoon, laid down with my audiobook but didn't sleep which is good. I don't want to sleep in the afternoon, but some days I've just hit a wall and have had no choice. I got up and coloured in Pokemon pictures with Mickey which was lovely. Billy-Joe and Bunny went to play golf, so the house was quiet, with just the three of us.

I am feeling good. My head hasn't been cloudy today, and while my feet are still cold in the evening and I sweat profusely, I think it's easing a bit. I don't know whether it's my imagination or not, but I'm feeling I have a bit more patience with the kids, like I used to have when I only had one child lol....... It's either that or the less stress from not working full days, is helping this come back. I'm not sure, but I'm not questioning it. The last few days I've been very quiet, but I feel peaceful. Even with the ratty sleep patterns this transition has been much better than last time. Having the peace and quiet to be able to lie down is a huge plus. Even when the kids are all home, I can lie down and they are quiet and well behaved.

It feels funny being home on a Friday night, can't remember the last time I did that, probably last Good Friday.

I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my family and hope my friends have a wonderful Easter too.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff