Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quiet days continue

To say that I'm grateful for my current schedule is an understatement. There's no way I could be doing this transition time with a full time, or even a part time job outside the home. I feel very blessed that I can organize my housework and my paid work for when it suits me best. Last night I got about four and a half hours sleep....not nearly enough. It was almost 11 when I went to bed last night and then after midnight when I turned off my book, but I'm wide awake and sleep eluded me for quite some time even when I turned my book off, so I know there's no use in doing it any earlier.

The alarm awoke me this morning and I got up to a quiet household. It was raining, so still quite dim and the kids weren't in a hurry to get up either and were waiting for my cue. The school holidays are over and the early mornings are back with a vengeance. On the plus side, my chores are all done much earlier, and I start my Daisy work earlier too. The downside is, that really there's no end in sight for this side effect. I've got another six weeks on this dose before my dose is increased yet again, so this could go on for months......

Having no stock to upload at the moment, I've just been adding to the recipe archives on the site, so that's kept me out of mischief today. Although at one point I wasn't very impressed because there was an error and I couldn't access my site, neither through the front end nor the back end. It has righted itself, so I'm relieved.

I closed my eyes for a bit this afternoon with my current audio book (House Rules by Jodie Picoult) and promptly dozed off. I've had to rewind about 40 minutes of listening, because I've retained nothing. It's rare that a book puts me to sleep, an indication of how weary I am.

I'm keeping things very easy at home as far as meals are concerned. I've not got the energy or inclination to try new recipes or to cook anything complex. Last night we had a roast chicken with roast vegies which was delicious and tonight it's crumbed fish, salad and chips. Simple, fast easy fare. My main focus is keeping my house clean and tidy, washing up to date, kids' homework and reading done nightly and my Daisy work. I can prepare tasty meals which are easy, but still keep my family well fed and happy.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff