Saturday, April 17, 2010

House Rules

House Rules House Rules by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 5 of 5 stars I've worked with autistic children and adolescents and have a child on the autism spectrum too. I felt the book was an accurate portrayal of such a young man. I've not read a Jodie Picoult book in years, as I'd read several in a row and felt they all followed a similar formula which I found frustrating. Having said that, she spins a wonderful story, depicting the emotions of each character with great clarity and sensitivity. Perhaps because I listened to this book, I felt 'closer' with the characters than if I'd just met them in print. A fantastic story of unconditional love and loyalty. I thoroughly recommend this, like all books I love, I didn't want it to end. I'm sorry that Jacob, Theo, Oliver and Emma aren't in my life anymore. View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Alaine said...

Glad you enjoyed this one. I borrowed 2 of Sheree's that are older books of hers, but they are Sheree's and Annie's favourites so now I'm really wanting to get to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff