Sunday, June 24, 2007
Living gets in the way of life.
It feels like that sometimes doesn't it? I thought that with having Mickey home all this week, it would be a quiet time. I was welcoming it.. How wrong I was! We had things to do everday. I was out every single day this week. It was inconsequential stuff which really needed doing.
* I bought a new heater, and then took it back because it wouldn't work on the carpet, and then with the same money bought a cheaper heater, two windcheaters for Mickey and a couple of throw rugs for the kids to snuggle under in front of the TV.
* Bought Mickey some new shoes as the others were cut off in Emergency.
* Bought and tried sample pots of paint. Have chosen this colour for the kitchen. It's called Sea Nymph (see above, typical blogger I couldn't put it down here........)
* Had an unexpected cuppa with a friend which was nice.
* Cooked a divine pizza for dinner on Thursday, will post recipe on food blog.
* Cleaned and tidied and pottered around in my kitchen
* cleaned and vacuumed my house
* Baked Jam Drops in my new oven after the electrician got everything hooked up
* Picked up the slate and wall tiles
* Visited dear father in law in hospital, who is doing very well
* Had a couple of girlfriends make a flying visit
* Spent the day with my Mum yesterday and bought a pair of boots and a pair of Colorado closed in winter shoes. The sale was buy one pair get the second pair half price. Gotta love a good sale. I will have those shoes forever. I hate having cold feet and only having a pair of court shoes and a pair of sand shoes as my only closed in ones. We also haunted every kitchen shop in the Plaza. I bought a new stab blender too, as I killed the last one - so only got a cheap one this time.
* A grocery bag broke and a 2L bottle of cordial and a 2L bottle of soft drink fell on my toe. It was black and swollen it looked like a plum. I put a needle through it on Friday night, so at least yesterday I could wear shoes and walk around all day.
* Took Mickey to outpatients appointment on Thursday morning.
* Went out and scrapbooked on Friday night
* Went dancing on Tuesday night.
* Am exhausted just reading about my week.
* Sammy's eyes are playing up again, so doing the drops again
* Mickey still on antibiotics - he will have sutures out tomorrow.
* Had to take disciplinary action toward my eldest son. His behaviour and attitude is not the best at the moment, so we have an action plan, which includes losing all his privileges which he has to earn back week by week with the right behaviours and attitude. I think we got through him. Now we just have to stick by our plan and hope and pray he breaks ties with these kids that he is hanging around with at school. Have made the teachers aware of this, so Billy-Joe knows we will be keeping a close eye on him.
* Have read a book called 'A Boy called It" By Dave Pelzer. A gut wrenching true anecdote of a child suffering abuse......... Should make my own kids read it, especially Billy-Joe and then he will realize how blessed he is- and how tragic others lives can be. This was not light, relaxing reading, so I will have to find something else to read for enjoyment. Mind you this book was like a car crash, I couldn't put it down. I had to know that it would be alright. I have the other two books to read as well. Obviously he endures more..............
I am sitting at my pc today, with it covered as the dust is flying through the house, hopefully for the last time, so tonight I will do another big clean. I can't wait for it all to be finished now!
The old stuff
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (59)
- ► 2010 (85)
- ► 2009 (108)
- ► 2008 (105)
- ▼ 2007 (70)
- ► 2006 (39)