Monday, March 22, 2010

Stieg Larsson - The Millenium Trilogy

I have just finished the second book in this trilogy. I found 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' slow going at first but am pleased that I persevered. The second book 'The Girl who Played with Fire', was a fantastic book, I was unable to put it down. I'd downloaded it in ebook format and read for most of the afternoons on the weekend. I was most upset, when for some reason the last part of the ebook was missing!!! I spent about two hours trying to find it to download it again. I downloaded the audiobook version and had to leave it overnight. Unfortunately the recording was not complete and when I synced my iPhone in the morning, only a third of the book was on my iPhone!! I tried to purchase the book then, via various ebook sites, but it's geographically restricted. In the end I bought the book so I could listen to the last part. I'm so glad I did, it was gripping.

Lisbeth Salander is a brilliant young woman, whose never been acknowledged for her many skills. She's created an insular being out of her self. She has no use for others, has no knowledge of how to cultivate a friendship, or how to live a normal life. As the books go on, you learn why she is how she is, and I just kept marvelling at her brilliance. Her survival skills and clever planning are nearly her undoing though, and the ending of the second book was riveting. In the first book she becomes an unlikely researcher for Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist. He features in both books, and even though they don't even speak to one another in the second book, their bond is unbreakable.

I'm so excited that the first book is released this week. I will go and see it, and I can't wait.

No other news. Everyone here is fine. Sammy had a great time at camp. He coped well with the different routine and was very happy while away. His asthma was better by the time he came home, so no dramas there. Everyone is well and looking forward to the Easter break. This term has gone very quickly.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff