I saw this on a friend's blog, and wanted to do it too.
1. Were you married at the time? No
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Euphorically happy.
3. How old were you? 32
4. How did you find out? My period was due in the morning, that day I gave up smoking and drinking. I felt crook. Two days later I did a pregnancy test from the store and it was negative. I still felt I was pregnant. Two days later I went and had a test done at the doctor's and it was confirmed. I was so excited I nearly ran into a car because I was floating and oblivious to everything around me - a bit scary really when I realized what I'd done.
5. Who did you tell first? I couldn't wait for my fiance to come inside to tell him. We were both very excited. We didn't tell anyone.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, I needed to know desperately because I so badly wanted a girl and I needed to know if it wasn't, as I couldn't bear any disappointment at the birth. I am so pleased I found out.
8. Did you deliver late or on time? 10 days early
9. Did you have morning sickness? Sick for three months
10. What did you crave?I lived on french toast. I couldn't face meat, and I didn't drink coffee for the next several years.
11. Who/what irritated you the most? I had really bad carpal tunnel syndrome and my sciatica kept me bed ridden at the end. The last several weeks were very difficult.
12. What was your first child's sex? Boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? I can't remember, probably about 20kgs - way too much.
14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? Pre Eclampsia.
15. Where did you give birth? Local General Hospital, they were fabulous.
16. How many hours were you in labor? From the first 'show' 24 hours.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband drove me. We went to hospital at about 9pm at night, about 12 hours after my 'show'.
18. Who watched? My husband was there and my Mum, who was fabulous. DB was hopeless and found it all very difficult as it was a difficult birth. I had a room full of specialists, things weren't going well. The baby was distressed and my cervix was swollen as he was head butting it from being in a posterior position.
19. Was it natural or c-section? Ventouse Extraction. I can still hear the sound of the scissors cutting me.........
20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? Gas, which I couldn't breathe properly because I was in pain. Thankfully the needle numbed 'the area'.
21. How much did your child weigh? 5lbs 4 oz
22. Did your child have any complications? Sore head from the forceps.
23. Why did you choose his name? His first name is after his paternal grandfather and his second name is after his maternal grandfather, which we shortened and hyphenated into 'Billy-Joe'.
24. How old is your first born today? He is 12.