Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Stressful Days

I can't ever remember trying to get a loan as much as I have this week. It's like you get told 'yes you'll get the money no worries' when you give them figures and then when you supply the figures and the concrete information to back it up, it becomes close and iffy. In the last two days I've made about 25 phone calls a couple of trips to make faxes and I've received man calls. And the saddest part is that during this time our financial adviser has been largely absent through all this. We've decided to organize the finance ourselves and to avail ourselves of our redraw facility on our home loan.

I'm feeling absolutely mentally drained with all this. I've been told the loan has been approved but they are still requesting information. So, at the moment I'm in a kind of limbo. Not sure whether to get excited and feeling decidedly flat.

My day went like this ...........

After an hour of working on the site and my patience had left me, I rang Toyota Finance when I could wait no longer and, when I remembered they were an hour ahead.

He said 'oh yes, it's been approved as long as the paperwork measures up with the information you've provided '.

Oooookkkkaaaay, then why am I not excited yet.

I collect all my documents and then head into Daisys to fax them through and then I head to my dental appointment to collect my splint. I was no sooner home and I got a call asking for my Centrelink income on a different document so I printed that out and faxed it off. Then I get another call asking to change my estimate to show my true entitlement, then I went and faxed it again.

Meanwhile I'm trying to organize access to my redraw facility on the home loan. Because I want the money quickly and I don't have a fax machine, I organize to have it faxed to Daisys. I also have to set up a new bank account so the money can be deposited and i can access it ASAP .Unfortunately the fax machine ran out of ink so I couldn't get the papers.

I had to pick up the kids and then get some footy boots for Billy-Joe and I'd promised Mickey a new Zac Power book.

We got home and I rang Homeside again. They will fax the papers to my local NAB branch and I'll collect them tomorrow. We can then fax it back.

My Dad hasn't signed the Ford document yet so I'll drop that in to him tomorrow.

Soooooooo when we have the money I can pick up my new car.

I'm still not quite believing that it's all go. I also can't believe that I set it all up on my own without the financial guy.

Happy Much!!!!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Alaine said...

Well done for taking control and doing things for yourself. Maybe that's what you were meant to do, no one cares about your finances as much as you do, no matter how nice they are! Good luck, and take a moment when you can to sit back and enjoy, even if it's when you are driving your new car out of the lot! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff