Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Technology

I love Technology with a passion........alas the more gizmos one has, the level of problems go up incrementally too. I had internet issues yesterday, and, instead of just ringing Optus and getting my modem reset, I rang AppleCare and went through the convoluted trouble shooting process to make sure my Time Capsule was okay. I ended up having to ring Optus anyway to get my connection issues sorted......entire process an hour and a half..... Unfortunately my Time Machine wasn't doing the scheduled backups on both my iMac and MacBook......grrrr. I decided to leave the problem till another day.

Today, I was organized early because I had work to do. Unfortunately I'm like a dog with a bone, when I have technical issues, so I rang AppleCare and spend an hour and three quarters on the phone. Two technicians later, and we had it solved. Resetting the Time Capsule just gave it a conniption with my passwords........on both computers!!!!

All fixed now. I have deleted old backups. I'm not sure how the old ones are supposed to 'fall off' when room runs out, but I got an error message saying that my TC is full! I'll just delete them manually. I don't need to go back that far. Love the automatic backups though, because I wouldn't remember.

Ahhh...............I feel better now.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I love technology too, but unfortunately we have to take the bad with the good :-( glad you got it sorted though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff