Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sad days.............

I am all cried out! My eyes hurt, I feel like I have a cold, I am tired, oh so tired.............. I got an email from Dad which I opened Sunday afternoon, to tell me that my Uncle Vikki had died............. I was stunned, shocked and felt sick! The details are still sketchy, as I am only in email contact with my Dad, and he is understandably devastated. I gathered that they went to a tourist attraction, and walked, and my Uncle had a massive heart attack. My Dad and others tried reviving him, but to no avail. I gather he died at the spot, never making it to hospital. My Dad also needed treatment in the ambulance..............the shock and the trauma combined with his own health condition, was all too much. Yesterday I lit a candle in memorium for my Uncle - I won't have a funeral to go to, only my own grief.....................

Ricky is coming to visit on Thursday night, so we will have a drink for our Uncle. My life has been truly blessed with little tragedy................and this is a tragedy, something you can never be ready for, something you can never explain to another, something which hurts so deeply.

My parents went overseas to spend time with family, and now they are organizing my Uncle's effects................

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

The old stuff